As you know, we love Fall around here, and we love pumpkins!! And to celebrate, we are having the Second Annual Pumpkin-A-Long.
There are two ways to participate: on Instagram and/or on Facebook.
On Instagram, hashtags make our job easier. You can tag your photos with our specific hashtags, and you can also follow our hashtags, so that you will see any posts that anyone makes with those specific tags. The tags we will be using are #knitequalsjoy2019PAL and #knitequalsjoy for any photos posted relating to the PAL. If you follow those tags, you will see any announcement-type posts I make about the PAL on Instagram, too. The tag for finished pumpkins is #knitequalsjoy2019PALFO (the FO is for finished object). That tag will be important, because those finished object posts are the ones that are eligible for the random prize drawings. I have some great prizes on deck and will be sharing about those in later posts. Please also tag me @knitequalsjoy so that I will see your post – just in case the hashtags don’t work correctly.
Of course, some folks may not use Instagram, so we also will be posting photos in the Knit Equals Joy Facebook group. You can find the group here: Knit Equals Joy Facebook Group. I have set up an album there for progress photos and one for finished objects.
If this works well, my hope is that we can use the same format for upcoming KALs and for knitting along with next year’s Olympics.
How to Pumpkin-A-Long
- To play along, knit any Knit Equals Joy pumpkin pattern (see below).
- To be eligible for prizes, complete 1 or more Knit Equals Joy pumpkin by October 31, 2019. Each completed and properly posted finished pumpkin counts as an entry for prizes. You may enter as many times as you like. No more than one prize per person.
- Have fun! Share your beautiful pumpkin pictures on Instagram or in the Facebook group (see above)! We want to see what you are making and cheer you on. If you have any questions, ask in the PAL. We can share and learn new things from each other.
I think that’s it! See the eligible patterns below…
Plaid Pumpkin, with a plaid colorwork design, a great basketweave design, and a fun graphic design a bit reminiscent of a spider web. Also includes instructions for non-stranded stripes or plain knitting. Just published.
Autumn Spice Pumpkin is knit in super-bulky and is nearly 40″ in circumference! The jumbo cables are a joy to knit. This is a statement piece knit in the recommended yarn, but it looks great in any weight yarn. Published 2018.
Wee Pumpkin is knit flat, and it is reaaalllly tiny, about an inch tall and an inch-and-a-half in diameter. It would be fun to make a wee pumpkin garland! Published 2018.
Large Colorwork Pumpkin has four fun colorwork designs. Knit in worsted weight yarn and pretty much life-sized: about 12 inches in diameter and 12 inches tall. Published in 2017.
Colorwork Pumpkins, with charts for Art Nouveau lilies and 2 versions of spiders. Published 2016.
Colorwork Pumpkins PDF Pattern $4.00 at LoveCrafts.
Coming soon to PatternVine.
Mini Colorwork Pumpkins, a tiny pumpkin pattern with 6 different colorwork charts. Published 2015.
Mini Colorwork Pumpkins PDF Pattern $4.00 at LoveCrafts.
Coming soon to PatternVine.
The four wonderful items in the corner frames of the photo below are PAL prizes.
Clockwise, starting from top left, the prizes are
1. Amanda Hope Yarn Yankee Doodle Sock (Fingering Weight; 80% Merino Wool, 20% Nylon; 410 yards/100g) in Burnt Orange.
2. Amanda Hope Yarn Aussie Extra Fine Single (Fingering Weight; 100% 19.5 Micron Extra Fine Merino Wool; 437 yards/100g) in Nocturne II.
3. Awesome Pumpkin Scissors donated by Carla (thank you Carla!).
4. Fabulous Cookie Stamps featuring a sheep design and two knit stitch designs. Set shown is mine; winner’s set is sealed.
Winners will be chosen randomly from all completed and properly posted finished projects. We reserve the right to replace these prizes with items of equal or greater value.
I hope you will join us for our joyful Pumpkin-A-Long! Questions? Send me a message or ask on IG or Facebook.