Frequently Asked Questions – General
- The Ravellenic Games?? In a nutshell, Ravelry members have organized a site-wide knit-a-long that takes place during the Olympics. This forum is home to the 2018 Ravellenic Games. Cast-on occurs during the Opening Ceremonies (or any time thereafter), and projects must be completed by the Closing Ceremonies. There are events (categories of projects) and laurels (types of techniques). When you complete and post your project as directed, you will receive virtual awards and laurels, which you can proudly display on your project page and/or your profile.
- When is the event? START TIME: Friday, February 9 starting at 20:00 in PyeongChang’s time zone. ENDING TIME: Sunday, February 25 at 23:59, PyeongChang time. The 11 posts in this thread have starting times for everywhere in the world. Here in the Pacific Time Zone, I could cast on at 3 am this Friday morning.
- What are the rules? The rules are to pick a project that will challenge you, and to have fun!
- Do I have to watch the Olympics to participate? No, not at all.
- Do I have to be on a team? No, you can be a participant without a team.
- Can I be on more than one team? Yes. The rule is that each project must be associated with no more than one team.
- Why would I want to be on a team? A team is like a virtual knit night. We will exclaim over your projects, cheer you on if you falter, and dance a happy dance when you cross the finish line.
- Why would I want to be on Team Knit Equals Joy? We are really good at the above! And we have prizes! Read more below.
FAQs – Team Knit Equals Joy
- How do I join Team Knit Equals Joy? Our team thread is here. You can post and say you are joining, or just join the conversation at any time. Tagging your project with ravellenics2018 and teamknitequalsjoy2018 will automatically designate you as one of our ravthletes.
- Do I have to knit a Carol E. Herman pattern to be on Team Knit Equals Joy? No! You can knit any pattern you like. But knitting my patterns will give you extra chances for prizes! 😀
- What about prizes? We already have a queue of physical prizes like yarn, project bags and the like for our team. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the Games via random number generator and will be chosen from our team’s finished projects. We have a prize thread started here.
- What if I have questions? Post them in the team thread, send me a private message on Ravelry, or ask below.
If you are reading this, you are invited to join Team Knits Equals Joy. I hope that you will consider it. We have so much fun, and an event like this really does provide a lot of inspiration, incentive and encouragement to learn a new technique, finish a languishing WIP (work in progress), or even to frog something you never are going to make and free up that yarn for something else.
Hope to see you there!
~knit equals joy